Phrontex: knowledge management for governance and compliance
Phrontex is a web application to manage an organization’s corporate knowledge: policies, procedures, and other documentation. Organizations of all sizes and types use Phrontex—
- To establish a reliable, integrated corporate governance system.
- To demonstrate compliance with legal requirements and management system standards.
- To give directors and executives confidence that the organization is doing everything it should to meet its obligations.
Call to arrange a demonstration and free trial
Find out now if Phrontex is right for your organization.
✆ +61 409 606 899
Managing the documentation risk
In most organizations the policy and procedure documentation is a shambles: too much of it; full of duplications, gaps, and inconsistencies; boring and hard to use. Managers don’t give priority to maintaining it. Employees don’t respect it because it’s not maintained.
Poor documentation is high risk. Corporate documentation is legally discoverable. Senior managers often have only the vaguest idea of what documentation is ‘out there’; but in the event of an incident or investigation, they may find themselves held responsible for the content.
To be effective, documentation must be manageable in the real-world context of busy managers, complex compliance requirements, and continual change.
Phrontex brings the documentation under control.
Documentation to keep the directors out of jail
Phrontex gives you line-of-sight governance. Your directors and senior executives can be confident that the organization is aware of its obligations and can prove that it’s doing everything it should to meet them.
Phrontex creates documentation for effective governance and compliance.
A single source of truth
Good documentation is not a collection of separate documents: it’s an integrated system of knowledge designed as a whole to ensure that the organization functions as intended and achieves its objectives.
A Phrontex system—
- Provides content that is simple, short, and reliable.
- Is a tool for managers to agree on and define how the organization is intended to function.
- Provides employees with clear instructions and guidelines.
- Can easily be validated and verified.
Phrontex creates documentation that adds value.
Phrontex is not a document management system
Document management is a problem, not a solution. It’s the content that needs to be managed, not the documents. Phrontex replaces your documents with an integrated system of web pages: easy to use, easy to maintain, easy to audit.
Management standards compliance (ISO, HACCP, SOX, ...)
Phrontex provides a simple way to meet multiple, complex management system requirements through a single, integrated governance framework.
A governance framework that works in practice has to do these things—
- The governance system must make sense to the organization’s personnel in their day-to-day work.
- Governance and performance must be integrated. Governance must be part of how the business performs, not a separate activity carried out for the benefit of auditors and inspectors.
- Directors and senior executives must be confident that the organization can prove that it’s doing everything it should to meet its obligations.
Configure your Phrontex system to substantiate your Avetta compliance and simplify your compliance response tasks.
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Personnel licences, permits, and competencies
- Mandatory policies
- Compliance records and checklists
Automatic position descriptions and organization charts
Your Phrontex position pages are automatically updated with links to the position’s accountabilities and responsibilities. If you add or change a procedure, the affected positions are updated and the position holders are notified. If you change a position title, all references to the position are updated immediately.
Notify your users automatically when there are changes such as pages added, updated, or withdrawn, or when there are tasks falling due such as policies due for review. See reports showing what notifications have been sent, and if the notified users have subsequently viewed the relevant content.
Page histories and version comparison
Phrontex keeps a complete history of each page: when the successive versions were approved, by whom, and the reason for the revision. You can compare versions and revert to an earlier version if you need to.
Custom page types
Define any number of page types, each with its own template content and custom fields. Set up registers for tracking low-volume, critical data (the sort of information typically stored in spreadsheets)—risk register, contracts register, corporate entities register, audit findings, safety reviews, start-up checklists, ...
Precise access and authorization control
Phrontex gives you precise control over who can see and change which content. You can set up multiple permission schemes for your users, such as by role (eg, director, manager, employee, contractor, supplier), by division or department (eg, HR, IT, finance, production), by location, by jurisdiction, or whatever you need.
Custom styling; automatic formatting
Set up your system to follow your organization’s style guide, using your preferred fonts, colouring, and sizing. Styling is applied automatically to all your system content. Formatting is applied automatically, so when your managers are creating content they can focus on management. The formatting takes care of itself and is necessarily consistent across your entire system.
Video and audio content
Your Phrontex pages can include anything that will go on a web page: video and audio files (embedded or linked), graphics and photographs, Google maps. For many compliance requirements, a video is an acceptable alternative to a written work instruction; and often quicker and cheaper to create and better for training.
Create PDFs and eBooks from any selection of Phrontex pages if you need physical documents or offline content. Downloads are created immediately from the latest versions of the selected pages, so users always have up-to-date content.
Web Content Accessability Guidelines (WCAG) compliance
As a platform, Phrontex meets web accessibility guidelines, making your system accessible to users with poor vision or screen readers, and keyboard-only users.
The Phrontex layout adapts automatically to the user‘s screen size, so the display is comfortable on any device size, from desktop monitor down to hand-held displays.
Minimal training required for organization-wide implementation
- For ordinary users, a Phrontex system is just a website. It works the way people expect websites to work. Many users (especially younger employees) are more familiar with websites than with documents.
- A single introductory training session is sufficient for most users. And that session will be mostly about the system content — what the system is for and the role it will play in the organization’s management. The actual (technical) use of the system is largely self-evident.